Sunday, September 27, 2009

Babyfood galore!

When Boston was a baby I had grand plans of making my own babyfood.. Well, like most grand plans that come with a newborn it didn't happen. I was just happy enough to get out of the house with enough clothes on and it was a miracle if I got myself fed. Needless to say, Boston survived on jarred foods and is none the worse for it.
Sooomehow, along comes #2 and with it more grand plans of homemade babyfood. This time I was set on it though. This whole 'green' aspect of my life helped push it along, I think. Sooo.. I bought some yummy local (except the apples. Boo!) produce and went to town for a few nights in a row. It was definitely more work than warming up a jar of food.. but it makes me feel good to know exactly what's in the food and to know it was made with a whole lotta love!! So far I have made applesauce, carrots, zucchini & summer squash. Next up are peaches and sweet potatoes. Someday I may even attempt some meat!!
Here are some pics I took of my babyfood making adventure. Enjoy! I know Ashton will.
Photobucket
mmm cinnamon!
Photobucket
All ready to be frozen!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment